Marlupi Sijangga
Patron

Marlupi started her ballet education at “Tegal Sari” ballet school in 1952, under the guidance of Mrs. Zahller from the Netherlands.

She then started her own Ballet School at Bon Becak Bungaran in 1956, with the name of Marry. In 1970, based on the advice from the head of Indonesian Department of Culture and Education, the late Mr. Moelyono Suryopranomo, Marry ballet school was renamed to MARLUPI, and relocated to Trimurti Studio and Simolawang.

Marlupi had also studied traditional Javanese dance at the East Java’s Department of Culture and Education. To enrich her knowledge on the field of gymnastic, ballet, and modern dance, Marlupi studied at Koln – Germany; Academy Ballet Zurich, Madrid; Jojo Dance Centre – New York; and Toronto Dance Centre – Canada, and was enrolled on a Teacher’s Course from the Royal Academy of Dancing in Singapore and London in 1982-1983.

In 1983, the studio was relocated to 14 Pandan Street, and Marlupi started to open branches at East Java, Central Java, and Jakarta.

In 1984, Mrs. Marlupi was certified as an Aerobic Instructor by Jill Godwin, London, and has became a member of “IDEA”, San Diego – USA since 1989.

Several of Mrs. Marlupi’s work since 1956 includes: Shakuntala, Roro Mendut, Kemerdekaan, In the mood, Various adaptations of Swan Lake, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, The Nutcracker, Cinderella, Coppelia, etc.

In 1989, Mrs. Marlupi acted as the dance choreographer at PORWANAS, featuring 400 dancers from Marlupi Dance Academy. In 2000 , Marlupi participated at National Sports Week (PON) 2000 as a trainer for East Java’s aerobic team, and a choreographer for the closing ceremony dance. On the same year, she was certified by Royal Academy of Dance and attained the RAD, TEACH CERT. Certification.